Extra fat is not good for your body. It is better to stay on the lighter side of the scale. Obesity is a very complex disease. It is often characterized by excessive amounts of stored body fat. Obesity is simply not just a cosmetic flaw. It is a medical problem that puts you at risk for many issues. Some of them include heart disease, diabesity, high blood pressure, and even cancer. Obesity seems like a topic to shy away from – but if it means life or death it should be addressed.
Your body mass index number is the amount you weigh divided by the square unit of height. There are various causes that create the state of obesity. Lack of physical activity, overeating, genetics, an improper diet, high frequency of eating high volumes of food, medications, and many more factors. As you can tell, there are many wrong decisions to take that can have you carry excessive amounts of fat.
How To Prevent Obesity:
– Consume less processed foods
– Stay away from excess amounts of sugar
– Eat more fruits and vegetables
– Stick to low-glycemic index foods
Some low-glycemic index foods include rolled or steel cut-oats, barley, butter beans, peas, non-starchy vegetables. None-starchy vegetables include Chinese spinach, artichoke, asparagus, baby corn, beans, bean sprouts, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots.
Fool-proof Ways To Stay Slim
1. Don’t Miss Out On Breakfast: the problems with skipping breakfast is it usually ends up causing you to binge eat later in the day
2. Add The Protein: protein is the building block of muscle, adding protein into your diet will cause you to feel fuller longer
3. Monitor Your Food Habits: you don’t know what you’re doing wrong or right in the area of your diet, just like your expenses, you need to know what’s going in and out
4. Set Achievable goals: Don’t expect to get where you want to be overnight and don’t create lofty goals you can’t reach in a months’ time – instead set bite size goals you can consistently win